Exercise Clinic for Men and Women with Previous Diagnosis of Cancer
During April-May 2017, final year Clinical
Exercise Physiology students will be facilitating an exercise
program specifically designed for men and women with a previous
diagnosis of cancer.
The program is FREE and includes:
Three assessments of aerobic fitness, muscle strength, blood
pressure, heart rate, balance and flexibility.
Four individualised exercise sessions supervised by accredited
exercise physiologists to train strength, aerobic fitness, balance
and the pelvic floor.
A personalised home exercise program which will provide guidance
for ongoing home-based exercise.
Participants must be able to commit to all sessions and
are asked to choose one of the following 4 groups:
- GROUP 1: Wednesday 9:15am-10:15am
- GROUP 2: Wednesday 10:30am-11:30am
- GROUP 3: Thursday 9:15am-10:15am
- GROUP 4: Thursday 10:30am-11:30am
Dates are as follows and depend on which group you
choose to be enrolled in:
- Orientation session: 29th or 30th March
- Assessment: 12th or 13th April
- Exercise session 1: 26th or 27th April
- Exercise session 2: 3rd or 4th May
- Exercise session 3: 10th or 11th May
- Exercise session 4: 17th or 18th May
- Assessment: 24th or 25th May
- Follow-Up Assessment: 12th or 13th July
will take place in the School of Human Movement and Nutrition
Sciences Building (26), at The University of Queensland's St Lucia
Participants are required to obtain a letter from their
physician (template provided) to obtain relevant information to
assist with exercise testing and prescription.
Free parking will be available for all
If you would like to participate, or would like more
information, please contact Kirsten Adlard via email email@example.com or
phone (0421 011 511).